Keeping up with the latest in social
Just as you have a social media manager in place and a content strategy Instagram launches stories! …then Facebook follows and now everybody is posting stories!!
Oh, and yes, you do have to keep up as the audience is adopting these innovations your brand or business needs to as well.
WHY? I hear you cry after finally getting a social budget signed off, staffed and a content plan… Because social and digital by nature is ever evolving, if you want to engage you have to follow the trends. It does not mean you need to be on Snapchat (you may have to be) but you have to be where your desired audience is!
So, what is or will be the size of potential audiences on social?
Number of social network users worldwide from 2010 to 2021 (in billions)
5 top tips to keep up with ever changing social trends:
- Review your strategy every 3 months (that includes platforms)
- Test and learn. Don't just jump on the bandwagon in a panic
- Be fluid with your budgets, set your budget but don't plan for the year, only allocate every 3 months
- Approach it strategically: What will it do for who and why? How do you measure it?
- Empower your social team, those using it to listen and learn need to understand
Gavin W H Anderson | Head of Strategy
Graymatter's five pillars underpin our business, and our client success. Learn more here: