Company: Graymatter Ltd
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Salary: Salary band £38-£45K dependent on experience
Job Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 31.01.2020
Our busy account services team is growing and looking for another senior account manager. This is a client-facing role in support of the Account Director and account team, focused on the successful commercial management of digital/integrated projects to provide excellent service levels to our clients. The account manager is the day to day contact for clients and internal stakeholders, liaising with various internal and external resources and managing the various work tasks for the project, ensuring that the solution is delivered on time, on budget and to highest quality levels. You will use your sound understanding of Graymatter’s service offer, current technology trends and the client’s business needs, sector, product and market to identify business opportunities, develop the account and exceed the client’s expectations.
We offer a competitive salary, rewarding development opportunities and a great working environment in a growing and reputable agency.
You must have a professional, friendly manner and excellent organisation skills coupled with close attention to detail in order to take ownership and responsibility for coordinating and delivering different tasks accurately and on time.
The successful candidate will ideally have previously worked in a creative agency and will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Direct marketing experience gained either as an account manager or campaign manager, ideally within an agency environment, including experience of delivering digital first and integrated campaigns.
- Understanding and knowledge of online technologies and digital channel marketing, including SEO, PPC, e-mail marketing, e-commerce and social media demonstrated over a range of digital projects
- Proficient at interpreting and qualifying client requirements into a relevant and succinct brief for internal production
- Working understanding of brand, print and digital and the associated production values and creative processes to enable you to make informed discussions, project interventions and judgement calls on projects and assets.
- Good commercial awareness; comfortable gathering estimates and managing timing plans against pre-defined budgets to optimise the monthly revenue targets set by the AD
- Good communication skills, to liaise with all stakeholders in a clear, succinct, easily understandable and timely way
- Excellent management skill to engender team spirit and collaboration to get the best out of people and meet agreed deadlines
- Responsible task delegation, retaining oversight and accountability for tasks delegated
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven computer skills and literacy, including MS Excel and agency job-tracking software
- Sound automotive sector knowledge/experience is an advantage as is a comprehensive understanding of brand development and creative approaches and familiarity with recognised project management methodologies.
- Experience of managing marketing automation solutions and working with MA teams
- Experience of working with customer data and preserving data protection principles.
- Work alongside and support the account director to ensure that work is fulfilled on time and to the best quality.
- Be a key point of contact for your clients to answer queries and questions, provide updates and chase internal/external/client stakeholders for outstanding project tasks/content. You will be the main point of contact in the account director’s absence.
- Build strong, positive and long-term client relationships by understanding the client’s context; you need to know where their business will be going in the future and how you can help to take them there.
- Ensure you always have a sound and up-to-date understanding of our service offer and brand, print and digital disciplines in order to confidently discuss and successfully present marketing solutions to clients. You can and should enlist key knowledge/area specialists within the company at an early stage to help validate an approach and to refine and present to ensure a favourable result.
- Write good briefs! Make sure you pre-qualify and clarify client briefs to understand requirements, deliverables, end-goals and risks before communicating them clearly to internal stakeholders and the studio.
- Keep people informed! Produce and circulate contact reports within 24 hours to keep internal and client teams informed. Copies must be filed in the job folder for reference.
- With the team, inform, shape and keep updated the client’s Account Development Plan (ADP) and collaborate with specialist knowledge holders in the business to identify, define and quantify opportunities for stretch.
- Maintain and update the internal “Synergist” system with prospect/client contacts, raising jobs and phases, estimates, quotes and preparing invoices as required.
- To exercise commercial awareness, understanding the difference between cost and value, leveraging commercial worth and not commoditising time.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply by following the link below submitting your CV and salary expectations