Company: Graymatter Ltd
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Salary: Salary negotiable dependent on experience
Job Start Date: April 2021
Closing Date: 19.03.2021
About the opportunity
Graymatter specialise in business to decision-maker marketing and is one of the UK’s Top 10 independent B2B agencies with a growing reputation for marketing transformation across Europe.
As a Senior Strategist, you will work with a number of clients, researching their market, competitors and audience in order to develop a sound understanding of their business challenge and an informed opinion of how to overcome it. You will work in support of the Account teams helping to build their client’s brand, translate B2B strategies into actions plans, ensuring successful product launches, coherent annual plans and improving the overall effectiveness of their marketing activities. The Senior Strategist is tasked with the day-to-day analysis of campaign performance reports, industry news stories and/or websites or market research de-briefs, searching for interesting nuggets to turn into actionable insight and client-specific recommendations. Fully supported by a Head of Strategy, you will conduct research, translate news stories into trends and ‘join the dots’ to benefit Graymatter clients.
The primary focus of this role is finding things out, filtering them and thinking laterally to inspire colleagues within the agency. Being clear of what we’ve been tasked to do (a client’s problem), what we could do (opportunities available to us) and summarising this clearly and succinctly to the wider team.
The successful candidate must be someone who works with integrity, embodying Graymatter’s values (see ‘About our culture’) and additionally will;
Already have strategic marketing experience either in an agency or client-side role and in a B2B context
Be passionate about insight-led, innovative marketing
Understand the difference between a strategy and a tactic, as well as between an insight and an observation
Demonstrate strong analytical skills with proven ability to interpret data
Be familiar with research methodologies. Used to crunching through performance reports, competitor ads or websites and market research debriefs and developing insightful conclusions to articulate strategic direction.
Be able to turn your analysis into a set of coherent actionable recommendations
Be a strong verbal and written communicator, with great listening skills
Have a high level of initiative and a proactive approach to work
Be a multi-tasker, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
Be a logical thinker with good problem-solving skills
Possess strong presentation, influencing and negotiation skills as well as
Sound commercial and business acumen
Work well as part of a team with a range of people and manage expectations
Work well under pressure and to deadlines
Automotive sector knowledge/experience would definitely be advantageous.
Work collaboratively with the Head of Strategy helping to brief and work with the wider agency team, so they can bring the strategy to life and develop solutions that stimulate growth for our client partners
Collate insightful analysis including client business & brand information, market & competitive landscape and audience research
Develop sector-specific insights, research brand competitors & market dynamics in order to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the market context & brand’s position within it
Develop accurate & insightful conclusions from research that clearly articulates strategic direction and help to define the brand or business ‘ambition'
Develop content ahead of client workshops to prompt discussion.
Work in collaboration with others within the Agency, such as our Product & Finance specialists, and across disciplines to make our solutions for Automotive clients more rounded and impactful
Regularly share interesting industry news, insight and trends, as well as assist with writing thought pieces on industry trends
About our culture
Graymatter’s culture is of paramount importance to us and as we grow, we will continue to nurture a spirit of collaboration, openness, professionalism and respect. We therefore need like-minded people to join that imbue the following qualities:
S – Supportive
- As well as benefitting from the support of the team around you (project, practical, emotional, personal and professional development), we are looking for individuals that add value in supporting others, encouraging people to contribute in a non-judgemental and harmonious environment.
P – Positive
- A can-do attitude to problem solving, positive intervention and constructive criticism will mean you will contribute to a rewarding and happy atmosphere. We need individuals that fuel the enthusiasm of others and contribute to positive momentum and the minimising of unnecessary stress.
I – Inquisitive
- An interest in self-development, our evolving proposition, your clients and the market(s) they serve will enable you to make an intelligent, informed and knowledgeable contribution, with the goal of building a value-based relationship with both peers and clients.
R – Respectful
- Honesty, openness and respectfulness in all inter-personal relationships and communication. We pride ourselves on creating a pleasant atmosphere to work in, based on mutual respect, understanding and common courtesy.
I – Intelligent
- From brainpower to empathy, it’s equally important to us that you have a sound foundation of skills and knowledge but also the flexibility to keep acquiring knowledge and adapting your approach and role to keep pace with changing requirements and an ever-changing world.
T – Thoughtful
- Emotionally intelligent, you will be mindful of the feelings and thoughts of other people. You will be a good people person, equally able to control and express your own emotions and thoughts as to listen and manage situations with tact, sensitivity and understanding.
E – Empowering
- Our successes, awards and accolades are only possible by empowering and trusting talented people. We will strive to create an environment for you to be the best you can be. In turn you will support and enable others to deliver excellence and be best the best they can be.
D – Driven
- We judge ourselves on the results we deliver, so it’s important that anyone who joins the team understands how they contribute to generating tangible value by identifying, establishing and working together to meet and exceed key performance indicators (KPIs) that build client trust and loyalty.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply by submitting your CV and salary expectations.