Company: Graymatter Ltd
Job Title: Senior Designer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable, dependent on experience
Closing Date: 05.03.2021
We’re looking to strengthen our creative team with senior designers who can conceptualise, develop ideas that deliver impact and execute beautifully throughout the entire marketing mix.
You’ll have a passion for big ideas and detailed execution, with a portfolio of work for market leading brands that prove design and marketing effectiveness. You're happy working as part of a wider team or autonomously and it goes without saying you know the CS suite inside out.
The successful candidate must be someone who works with integrity, embodying Graymatter’s values (see ‘About our culture’) and additionally has;
A formal qualification in graphic design
Familiarity with all technical skills associated with the role from typography, layout, retouching, image use, colour, stock and paper knowledge and selling an idea
Detailed knowledge and proficiency in key design industry software packages (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) to level 4-5 and a specialist in at least one area
A variety of experience of working within a creative agency
Able to blend hands-on design with self discipline/management
Ability to generate and expand your own strong creative ideas and themes and manage any creative project independently from brief to completion
Able to support and manage other team members in delivering projects
Able to produce high quality work, showing attention to detail and accuracy and a passion for design, evidenced in portfolio of recent work
Clear written and verbal communication skills and a professional approach to client communications and management
Able and willing to enhance account manager presentations with creative input when appropriate
Flexibility to work at all levels within a small team.
About our culture
Graymatter’s culture is of paramount importance to us and as we grow, we will continue to nurture a spirit of collaboration, openness, professionalism and respect. We therefore need like-minded people to join that imbue the following qualities:
S – Supportive
- As well as benefitting from the support of the team around you (project, practical, emotional, personal and professional development), we are looking for individuals that add value in supporting others, encouraging people to contribute in a non-judgemental and harmonious environment.
P – Positive
- A can-do attitude to problem solving, positive intervention and constructive criticism will mean you will contribute to a rewarding and happy atmosphere. We need individuals that fuel the enthusiasm of others and contribute to positive momentum and the minimising of unnecessary stress.
I – Inquisitive
- An interest in self-development, our evolving proposition, your clients and the market(s) they serve will enable you to make an intelligent, informed and knowledgeable contribution, with the goal of building a value-based relationship with both peers and clients.
R – Respectful
- Honesty, openness and respectfulness in all inter-personal relationships and communication. We pride ourselves on creating a pleasant atmosphere to work in, based on mutual respect, understanding and common courtesy.
I – Intelligent
- From brainpower to empathy, it’s equally important to us that you have a sound foundation of skills and knowledge but also the flexibility to keep acquiring knowledge and adapting your approach and role to keep pace with changing requirements and an ever-changing world.
T – Thoughtful
- Emotionally intelligent, you will be mindful of the feelings and thoughts of other people. You will be a good people person, equally able to control and express your own emotions and thoughts as to listen and manage situations with tact, sensitivity and understanding.
E – Empowering
- Our successes, awards and accolades are only possible by empowering and trusting talented people. We will strive to create an environment for you to be the best you can be. In turn you will support and enable others to deliver excellence and be best the best they can be.
D – Driven
- We judge ourselves on the results we deliver, so it’s important that anyone who joins the team understands how they contribute to generating tangible value by identifying, establishing and working together to meet and exceed key performance indicators (KPIs) that build client trust and loyalty.
Please apply with your CV as a matter of course but it is your work we’re most interested in so please send us your portfolio or a link to where we can view it. Apply via the link below.