Job Title: Sales Analyst
Company: Graymatter Ltd
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Salary: Salary band £30-50K dependent on experience
Contract: Permanent, full time
Job Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 29.01.2021
About the opportunity
This is an opportunity to become an integral part of the client services team partnering one or more of the largest clients in the automotive finance space. You’ll be given opportunities to grow and develop your skills in a multi-award-winning Agency.
About the role
In support of the internal and client sales teams, you will identify key sales levers, trends and insight in order to define market segments and customer types for the client sales team to target using the specific marketing information and levers you will provide to them, that your analysis estimates should best influence customer buying decisions in the context of each specific customer/prospect segment identified.
An analytical and critical thinker, you will have access to the customer’s Salesforce database in order to configure and run reports on customers, segments, sales status, buying indicators and will have the remit to recommend improvements to the data quality, structure and recency where you can identify that these improvements would bring tangible benefits to sales KPIs.
Analysis of the sales ‘chatter’ both directly from meetings with the sales team as well as that noted within Salesforce will be an important part of the information gathered to inform targets and you will be integral to shaping how this can be done effectively as well as informing who is best placed to do it, in order to define and improve the marketing analysis and insight process.
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate must be someone who works with integrity, embodying Graymatter’s values (see ‘About our culture’) and additionally is a problem solver with;
- A solid background in analysing sales data to identify trends, performance and forecasts together with CRM experience.
- Good written communication skills. Used to translating the findings from your analysis into easily understood summaries and recommended actions
- Good interpersonal skills and verbal communication. Comfortable explaining off-script, the rationale underlying data findings and recommendations to others in meetings and presentations.
- Previous experience of gathering and interpreting qualitative data as well as quantitative data. Qualitative data gathered from the Client’s sales team ‘chatter’ is an integral part of the whole data picture.
- Comfortable speaking with clients and integrating with client sales teams if necessary.
- Naturally focussed on performance review and improvement. Reviewing how well your past recommendations performed and identifying learnings to inform future approaches and recommendations is second nature.
- Solid grounding in Business Information (BI) applications, preferably Tableau. You will be using the Salesforce and Salesforce Einstein Tableau CRM suite of tools to generate reports and forecasting.
- Access to training for this suite will be given via Salesforce Trailheads.
- A clear understanding of the role of marketing agencies in support of their clients and customers.
- Solid understanding of data protection legislation and the responsibilities of any role with access to process data which may contain personal information. This includes an understanding of the technical and organisational measures that need to be in place to protect data held in databases.
- A natural attention to detail, accuracy and nuance.
- Comfortable working on your own but never in isolation. You will need to work alongside the internal and external sales teams as well as the marketing and insight team at Graymatter who can work with you to contextualise, expand and fine tune product and marketing insight for your reports.
- Proficient in the use of MS applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ETL processes for dataset preparation and management
- An inherent understanding of design aesthetics to develop intuitive and insightful dashboards for desktop and mobile devices.
Previous experience with Salesforce and/or Salesforce Tableau and Einstein Analytics is an advantage as is a background in B2B marketing or automotive Fleet sales.
The core responsibilities of the job include;
- Gathering qualitative data from the Client’s sales team ‘chatter’ and integrate it into your data analysis to inform your sales targeting and forecast reports.
- Continuously analysing the data within the Client’s Salesforce database for quality, compliance and make recommendations to fill gap and improve its usefulness and effectiveness.
- Using Salesforce’s Einstein Tableau CRM suite of tools to configure reports that give you the information you need to inform the performance of past sales, the salient learning points and sales levers for conversion and identify segments for future targeting and nurture campaigns.
- Using the qualitative and quantitative data analysis, build reports and dashboards to support the client sales team targets, identifying opportunities within the underlying CRM database that define marketing focus.
- Liaising closely with the internal CRM and MA teams to support agreed customer and prospect nurture campaigns, using the findings of your analysis.
- Sharing your findings with your colleagues in the Strategy and Insight team so that they have the opportunity to augment and support your findings with salient marketing context or product detail that will bring extra resonance to the client sales team.
- Working with your colleagues to define and improve the working process for your work and role. This is a new role and you can lead with how what you can do can best integrate with the skills of your colleagues as well as key responsibilities. Review ways of working regularly and use lessons learned to continuously improve the effectiveness of what you are doing.
Graymatter’s culture is of paramount importance to us and as we grow, we will continue to nurture a spirit of collaboration, openness, professionalism and respect. At Graymatter, it’s ‘we’ not ‘I’.
We therefore need like-minded people to join who can evidence and imbue the following qualities:
S – Supportive
- As well as benefitting from the support of the team around you (project, practical, emotional, personal and professional development), we are looking for individuals that add value in supporting others, encouraging people to have their say in a non-judgemental and harmonious environment.
P – Positive
- A can-do attitude to problem solving, positive intervention and constructive criticism will mean you will contribute to a rewarding and happy atmosphere. We need individuals that fuel the enthusiasm of others and contribute to positive momentum and the minimising of unnecessary stress.
I – Inquisitive
- An interest in self-development, our evolving proposition, your clients and the market(s) they serve will enable you to make an intelligent, informed and knowledgeable contribution, with the goal of building a value-based relationship with both peers and clients.
R – Respectful
- Honesty, openness and respectfulness in all inter-personal relationships and communication. We pride ourselves on creating a pleasant atmosphere to work in, based on mutual respect, understanding and common courtesy.
I – Intelligent
- From brainpower to empathy, it’s equally important to us that you have a sound foundation of skills and knowledge but also the flexibility to keep acquiring knowledge and adapting your approach and role to keep pace with changing requirements and an ever-changing world.
T – Thoughtful
- Emotionally intelligent, you will be mindful of the feelings and thoughts of other people. You will be a good people person, equally able to control and express your own emotions and thoughts as to listen and manage situations with tact, sensitivity and understanding.
E – Empowering
- Our successes, awards and accolades are only possible by empowering and trusting talented people. We will strive to create an environment for you to be the best you can be. In turn you will support and enable others to deliver excellence and be best the best they can be.
D – Driven
- We judge ourselves on the results we deliver, so it’s important that anyone who joins the team understands how they contribute to generating tangible value by identifying, establishing and working together to meet and exceed key performance indicators (KPIs) that build client trust and loyalty.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply by following the link below, submitting your CV and salary expectations .