Company: Graymatter Ltd
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Salary: Salary band £35-£50K dependent on experience
Contract: Permanent, full time
Job Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 30.11.2020
About the opportunity
This is an opportunity to become an integral part of a Client Services team partnering some of the largest clients in the automotive finance space, as well as working on other smaller B2B projects. You’ll be given opportunities to grow and develop your skills in a multi-award-winning Agency.
About the role
As project and campaign manager, you will be a key member of a collaborative, passionate and dedicated account team and will support the Account Director by managing omnichannel projects and campaigns, ensuring that the work produced is on brief, on brand, on budget and to the highest standards. You must have the ability to manage the scoping of assignments and manage resources, timelines and budgets. You will be able to demonstrate familiarity with recognised project management tools and approaches to managing multi-disciplinary projects that deliver balanced and integrated solutions to challenging business problems. You will able to manage projects to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time and cost without compromising quality, while maintaining a positive environment that promotes high-performance standards.
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate must be someone who works with integrity, embodying Graymatter’s values (see ‘About our culture’) and additionally has;
- Considerable project management experience, demonstrated on a variety of sizes and types of projects including digital projects
- Experience gained in an agency environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A recognised project management certification
- Natural attention to detail
- Proven aptitude to select and weight project management methodology and approach to the scale and complexity of different projects
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Manage shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to instil and reinforce collaborative working practices to motivate teams working on projects
- A working knowledge of information security and data protection principles and how these need to be applied
- Proficient user of MS Office programmes, especially Excel.
- Develop and maintain the appropriate project plans and documentation to monitor and manage projects, where necessary working across projects in parallel
- Develop and maintain one centralised status overview of all projects being delivered by the team for management information
- Manage and communicate with client stakeholders
- Manage risks, issues, dependencies and actions
- Implement an effective change management process to ensure prioritisation and impact assessment of both support issues and changes
- Ensure that project change orders (or similar) are raised against the stated format and process outlined within the relevant client contract, if applicable.
- Facilitate release management activities, ensuring controlled deployments in a continuous integration environment
- Own the delivery of all aspects on a project, using time management skills to define and communicate project deadlines
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify, prioritise and resource the work within the team, and confirm bookings in the Synergist resourcing tool
- Coach and develop the internal team on delivery processes and best practice and engage the wider delivery team, if relevant, in their role in contributing to delivery best practice
- Ensure that any client contractual obligations, including associated specific technical and information security requirements, that may affect projects, billing and the scoping of solutions are raised appropriately for consideration and adhered to
- Provide internal reporting of project performance, and;
- Manage the burn down and associated billings (against a predetermined billing plan) to support timely and accurate invoicing
- Facilitate review of proposals as necessary during the pitch/presales process
- Ensure the lessons learned from previous projects are translated into improvements and best practice and used to inform future project objectives and success criteria.
About our culture
Graymatter’s culture is of paramount importance to us and as we grow, we will continue to nurture a spirit of collaboration, openness, professionalism and respect. We therefore need like-minded people to join that imbue the following qualities:
S – Supportive
As well as benefitting from the support of the team around you (project, practical, emotional, personal and professional development), we are looking for individuals that add value in supporting others, encouraging people to contribute in a non-judgemental and harmonious environment.
P – Positive
A can-do attitude to problem solving, positive intervention and constructive criticism will mean you will contribute to a rewarding and happy atmosphere. We need individuals that fuel the enthusiasm of others and contribute to positive momentum and the minimising of unnecessary stress.
I – Inquisitive
An interest in self-development, our evolving proposition, your clients and the market(s) they serve will enable you to make an intelligent, informed and knowledgeable contribution, with the goal of building a value-based relationship with both peers and clients.
R – Respectful
Honesty, openness and respectfulness in all inter-personal relationships and communication. We pride ourselves on creating a pleasant atmosphere to work in, based on mutual respect, understanding and common courtesy.
I – Intelligent
From brainpower to empathy, it’s equally important to us that you have a sound foundation of skills and knowledge but also the flexibility to keep acquiring knowledge and adapting your approach and role to keep pace with changing requirements and an ever-changing world.
T – Thoughtful
Emotionally intelligent, you will be mindful of the feelings and thoughts of other people. You will be a good people-person, equally able to control and express your own emotions and thoughts as to listen and manage situations with tact, sensitivity and understanding.
E – Empowering
Our successes, awards and accolades are only possible by empowering and trusting talented people. We will strive to create an environment for you to be the best you can be. In turn you will support and enable others to deliver excellence and be best the best they can be.
D – Driven
We judge ourselves on the results we deliver, so it’s important that anyone who joins the team understands how they contribute to generating tangible value by identifying, establishing and working together to meet and exceed key performance indicators (KPIs) that build client trust and loyalty.
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply by following the link below submitting your CV and salary expectations.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE