Company: Graymatter Ltd
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Salary: Salary band £22-£35K dependent on experience
Job Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 07.02.2020
Do you aspire to think like a detective, write a story like a journalist, become as persuasive as a lawyer?
Are you an avid note taker who likes to make connections? Do you keep asking yourself why someone has behaved in a certain way? Do you like using your hunches and following up on things?
When writing essays at school or Uni, did you try to find an angle, make it topical or think about what makes a subject interesting? Did you use direct quotes and anecdotes? Can you find the scoop and write a headline?
Do you find yourself building arguments or using memorable soundbites? Can you empathise with the people you need to convince and lay the breadcrumbs to help them come up with the answer?
About the role
The primary focus of the role is finding things out, filtering them and thinking laterally to inspire colleagues within the agency. Being clear of what we’ve been tasked to do (a client’s problem), what we could do (opportunities available to us) and having the confidence to relay this to the wider team
- You’ll be comfortable with numbers and able to undertake statistical analysis
- You’ll be tasked with crunching through performance reports, competitor ads or websites or market research de-briefs searching for nuggets to inform recommendations
- Assist in the development of campaign / project briefs and support Account team colleagues in their efforts to develop recommendations for clients
- Structure well-written, logical sections of larger documents or complete smaller documents with little guidance
Key skills we’re looking for
- Numeracy skills, logical thinking, attention to detail and an interest in people
- A marketing / business qualification or previous experience of designing and executing Marketing campaigns in any sector / market / comms channel would be an advantage
- An ability to develop relationships with colleagues so that they will ask for your help and value your advice
- Confidence to participate in meetings by sharing what you’ve learned, offering ideas & suggestions for next steps
- Good organization skills and an ability to plan work & meet deadlines
- Evidence of clear visual, written and verbal communication
You can download the full job description here
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply by following the link below submitting your CV and salary expectations. If you are invited to interview, be prepared to give specific examples of when you have built persuasive, data-driven insightful narrative and used this to identify opportunities for business growth.