Company: Graymatter Ltd
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Salary: Salary band £30K-£40K dependent on experience
Job Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 30.11.2020
We are looking for a seasoned and versatile content planner and copywriter who understands how to join up the brand narrative by recommending suitable types of content across platforms and formats to support CRM programmes, marketing automation (MA) journeys and marketing plans that support campaign objectives and engagement KPIs. With an in-depth understanding of the prospect and customer journey, your content recommendations and copy will cover every channel and touchpoint (using short or long form copy as appropriate) and will narrate a journey that becomes more personalised as our knowledge and understanding of the reader grows.
Collaborating with the Strategy and Insight Team, Account Directors and CRM Strategist you will define what content will deliver the best results, present and rationalise the plans to senior client stakeholders for buy-in and once gained, reverse-brief copy requirements to the client for approval and sign-off.
The successful candidate must be someone who works with integrity, embodying Graymatter’s values (see ‘About our culture) and;
- Can write empathetically from the perspective of the customer.
- Is a swift and compelling writer with a wide vocabulary
- Is accurate with close attention to detail, good spelling and a solid understanding of grammar
- Is a decisive editor and simplifier of the complex
- Understands the need for different language styles in order to appeal to various target markets
- Has experience of writing conceptual, creative as well as technical copy for a wide range of B2B industries and global brands as well as;
- Has experience of writing brand and campaign tone of voice guidelines for major brands across a wide range of channels
- Is proficient in writing social media posts for B2B channels (LinkedIn and Twitter) and;
- understands the principles of SEO and is happy researching and writing SEO content
- Can interpret campaign analysis and apply it to subsequent works
- Is familiar with working to client targets and generating content and CTAs that drive required results
- Has previously worked in an agency and with other agencies to lead and/or align messaging
- Is self-motivated and well organised; able to work calmly to deadlines and under pressure
- Is proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel as well as Adobe Acrobat and SEO research tools e.g. Google Keyword Planner and Analytics
Previous experience of writing (and researching) at a strategic level as well as writing for award winning campaigns is desirable as is a suitable qualification at degree level e.g. English Literature, Language or Linguistics.
- Work with account services and where necessary, the client, to understand their strategic aims, brand and brief, discuss requirements and targets, and familiarise yourself with the product, target audience and competition in order to produce accurate and appropriate copy to deadlines.
- Work with the Strategy and Insight Team, MA Team and CRM Strategist to inform best return campaign content plan.
- Write propositions (brand, product and service) that encapsulate market differentiation.
- Write B2B tone-of-voice guidelines.
- Produce Messaging Houses (proposition and product).
- Write compelling and nuanced short and long-form copy for all channels:
- Through-the-line campaign hooks and big ideas that transcend channels
- Advertising and programmatic (PPC)
- Marketing Automation (MA) Campaigns and journey extenders.
- Includes test and learn headline options.
- Website and landing pages (SEO)
- Social posts
- DM and print collateral.
- Sales presenters
- Training material
- White papers
- Scripts (Radio, animation, video and webinar).
- Incorporate client feedback and amends (lead client resolution of you disagree).
About our culture
Graymatter’s culture is of paramount importance to us and as we grow, we will continue to nurture a spirit of collaboration, openness, professionalism and respect. We therefore need like-minded people to join that imbue the following qualities:
S – Supportive
As well as benefitting from the support of the team around you (project, practical, emotional, personal and professional development), we are looking for individuals that add value in supporting others, encouraging people to contribute in a non-judgemental and harmonious environment.
P – Positive
A can-do attitude to problem solving, positive intervention and constructive criticism will mean you will contribute to a rewarding and happy atmosphere. We need individuals that fuel the enthusiasm of others and contribute to positive momentum and the minimising of unnecessary stress.
I – Inquisitive
An interest in self-development, our evolving proposition, your clients and the market(s) they serve will enable you to make an intelligent, informed and knowledgeable contribution, with the goal of building a value-based relationship with both peers and clients.
R – Respectful
Honesty, openness and respectfulness in all inter-personal relationships and communication. We pride ourselves on creating a pleasant atmosphere to work in, based on mutual respect, understanding and common courtesy.
I – Intelligent
From brainpower to empathy, it’s equally important to us that you have a sound foundation of skills and knowledge but also the flexibility to keep acquiring knowledge and adapting your approach and role to keep pace with changing requirements and an ever-changing world.
T – Thoughtful
Emotionally intelligent, you will be mindful of the feelings and thoughts of other people. You will be a good people-person, equally able to control and express your own emotions and thoughts as to listen and manage situations with tact, sensitivity and understanding.
E – Empowering
Our successes, awards and accolades are only possible by empowering and trusting talented people. We will strive to create an environment for you to be the best you can be. In turn you will support and enable others to deliver excellence and be best the best they can be.
D – Driven
We judge ourselves on the results we deliver, so it’s important that anyone who joins the team understands how they contribute to generating tangible value by identifying, establishing and working together to meet and exceed key performance indicators (KPIs) that build client trust and loyalty.
What you get in return
You get a great place to work with friendly people, clean, light and modern offices, free refreshments, free parking, support for continuous development and training, cash plan medical benefit, Company pension scheme and access to Partner discounts on some makes of cars. Currently in common with many businesses, remote/home working is the norm.
If this sounds like just the job for you, please apply by submitting your CV and salary expectations via the link below.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE