Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £25-£30K dependent on experience
Place of Work: Graymatter Ltd, Milton Keynes MK5 8PL
Closing Date for applications: 29.05.2020
We are looking for a reliable person with an organised, detailed and enquiring mind to provide high quality business management and administration in support of the managing director, commercial manager, financial director and account services team. This is a highly responsible role and central to the smooth running of the business. The successful candidate must be capable of rapidly understanding software systems, ways of working and client account requirements and be able to build the confidence and authority necessary to provide the best support by anticipating need, driving the reporting against commercial targets, owning tasks and ensuring they are completed on time and in full.
The successful candidate will provide an efficient and accurate ‘superadmin’ role in support of account heads across all client accounts and teams, as well as translating that account knowledge and understanding into accurate and timely management reports and financial information for senior management to use in the high level management of the business accounts and forecasts. With previous experience in a responsible accounts role, you will demonstrate a sharp financial and commercial acumen and will have an inherent ability to spot and correct errors and anomalies; getting things right is second nature.
Responsibility for some facilities contracts and general business administration is also a requirement of the role.
- Previous experience in a responsible accounts role within the service sector
- Enjoys working with figures
- Accountancy AAT level 3 or more
- Able to self-manage and prioritise a varied workload according to need and urgency
- Friendly and respectful manner
- Experience of working with senior managers
- Experience of building bespoke financial reports as well as forecasting reports and tools for senior management to meet ongoing reporting requirements and predictive modelling
- Efficient, analytical person who wants above all to ensure information is correct and jobs are done in the right way
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including manipulating figures, calculations and formulae in Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communicator including a very courteous and clear telephone manner
- Good level of IT literacy and knowledge; confident with computerised account management software
- Can demonstrate a good level of commercial acumen as well as financial competency
- Previous experience of successfully communicating with client representatives either within accounts or in other departments
- Sound understanding of confidentiality and data protection principles
Desirable: Previous experience of working within an agency environment and knowledge of Synergist (agency account management) software as well as Sage Accounts 50 software is an advantage.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working in close support of the Account Services team and Project Managers with tasks such as building out jobs in Synergist and resource planning.
- Managing all other client commercial processes for each account/cluster including estimating, invoicing and associated queries and be the single point of contact for client accounts queries
- Preparing and finalising the commercial report and forecast for each month
- Preparing the sales, revenue, accruals and deferrals reports and arranging and leading commercial review meetings with senior management to present these as required.
- Managing client budget spreadsheets, validating commercials against this
- Preparing reconciliations as needed
- Owning the invoicing process
- Debt management and recovery
Senior Management Support
- Monitoring and reviewing all commercials through the month and reporting risks
- Preparing key schedules and draft P&L for the financial director
- Preparing annual budgets
- Completing the year-end analysis
- Using predictive modelling (quarterly and annually) to report to the MD on actionable trends and the associated opportunities and risks on each client account.
- Creating bespoke reports and tools to support the MD on tenders and pitches that require cost modelling against various contract and commercial scenarios.
- Raising facilities/supplier purchase orders
- Posting facilities/supplier purchase invoices
- Contract reviews – best value reviews
- Stationery ordering and other ad hoc orders required, including,
- Lunch ordering when required
- Organising travel, insurance, hotels and foreign currency when required
This is a full-time position 0900-1730 five days a week. Graymatter offers a friendly and busy working environment in a modern building with free on-site parking.
Access the full job description here.
If you feel this is the job for you, please apply here by 29th May 2020, with your CV. Please note that applicants will be asked to complete some test tasks as part of the shortlisting process.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE