Job Title: Account Director
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: negotiable, dependent on experience (salary band between £45K and £55K)
Place of Work: Graymatter Ltd, Milton Keynes MK5 8PL
Graymatter is looking for a seasoned account director. A natural communicator and leader, you will build and manage strong working relationships internally and with all levels of client, building trust through integrity, high quality marketing consultancy and successful delivery of projects.
As a subject matter expert, you will chair and lead discovery, strategy and solution meetings and guide senior stakeholders with reasoned, logical and persuasive argument (sometimes against conventional wisdom).
With a strong background in automotive B2B marketing including the Fleet, rental and leasing sectors and experience in managing cross platform campaigns and digital projects, you will be as at home with digital and MA projects as you are working with integrated campaigns covering cross-media disciplines.
Skills and responsibilities:
- Significant experience in professional client relationship management, able to partner the client to understand their business needs, issues, priorities and strategic levers
- Solid understanding of B2B marketing
- Solid understanding of automotive industry and B2B markets, Fleet, rental and leasing
- A track record of successfully growing revenue streams and client accounts through strategic input and seamless tactical delivery
- Confident in proposing new ideas and leading clients’ thinking; able to bring a vision to life for the client
- A sound understanding of the principles of working with sensitive client or customer data
- Proven ability to identify revenue opportunities and take opportunities forward into scoping and closing opportunities with the use of business cases when required
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Able to prepare and present client proposals, tenders and pitches
- Able to negotiate relevant contracts and SLAs with clients
- Commercially aware; sales figures are second nature and you understand the difference between cost and value
- Able to guide and develop client accounts with plans to meet individual client sales targets
- Someone who works with integrity, embodying Graymatter’s collaborative values
- A natural leader who energises those around you and brings them along the same journey
- A natural marketeer with a respect for and appreciation of design
- Remains professional under pressure.
- Experience of developing campaigns across a broad range of different media; in particular,
- A background in digital and integrated marketing and design, including email marketing (marketing automation) and CRM projects from estimating through solution design to quote production
- Previous experience of working on B2B accounts and clients.
- Solid experience of working with automotive clients and accounts
- Plenty of experience of writing clear, thought-provoking creative briefs, presentations and proposals as demonstrated by your good written and verbal communication
- A natural and confident presenter, able to capture and engage an audience beyond the script.
- Experience of supporting, mentoring and coaching junior members of your account team to help develop their skills and experience
- You have learned how to overcome the challenges presented by difficult clients and projects that have failed or been successfully rescued from failure
- Sound knowledge of the IT and technology sectors, including markets and market levers, competitors, tools and product detail and financial strategies.
- Experience of Synergist 4D agency software
- Knowledge of and experience of working to the ISO9001 quality standard
Key Performance Indicators
- Client retention
- Client development and profitability
- Sales and revenue targets as per business plan
- Client satisfaction
Graymatter is a fantastic place to work with friendly staff and great benefits, including pension scheme and cashback healthcare plan.
If you think this is the role for you, please apply with your CV and salary expectations via the link below.